14.1 Direct Sales and Shipments to Consumers 14.1.1 Winery Shipper’s License Eligible industry members must hold a Winery Shipper’s License in order to ship wine made by the licensee directly to Illinois residents of legal drinking age. Those licensees who are eligible to obtain a Winery Shipper’s License are as follows: First- or second-class Illinois Wine Manufacturer’s License holder First- or second-class Illinois Winemaker’s License holder Illinois Limited Wine Manufacturer’s License holder Entities or persons who are licensed to make wine under the laws of another state These are the only entities or persons who will be eligible to hold a Winery Shipper’s License, and the only entities or persons who will be able to ship directly to Illinois residents[…]

Liquor Control Commission (Chicago Office) 100 West Randolph, Suite 7-801 Chicago, Illinois 60601 312-814-2206 (phone) 312-814-2241 (fax) ilcc@illinois.gov (Springfield Office) 300 West Jefferson St., Suite 300 Springfield, Illinois 62702 217-782-2136 (phone) 217-524-1911 (fax) ilcc.webmaster@illinois.gov https://www2.illinois.gov/ilcc/Pages/Home.aspx Secretary of State Business Services Department 213 State Capitol Springfield, Illinois 62756 217-785-3000 (phone) Department of Revenue P. O. Box 19467 (Liquor Tax) Springfield, Illinois 62794-9467 P. O. Box 19030 (Business Registration) Springfield, Illinois 62794-9030 800-732-8866 or 217-782-3336 (phone) Chicago Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection 121 N. LaSalle St., #805 Chicago, Illinois 60602 312-744-6060 (phone) 312-744-0246 (fax) Links for Further Research IL Alcoholic Beverage Control Statutes IL Alcoholic Beverage Control Regulations

Note: This section summarizes the temporary changes implemented due to the coronavirus pandemic that are of interest to interstate suppliers. All businesses that offer food or beverages for on-premises consumption, including restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and food halls, must not allow on-premise consumption, but may encourage consumption off-premises through such means as carry-out, in-house delivery, third-party delivery, drive-through, curbside pick-up, and home delivery. Customers may enter the premises to purchase food or beverages for carry-out only. However, establishments offering food or beverages for carry-out, including food trucks, must maintain a suitable environment where patrons can maintain adequate social distancing. All deliveries made to a residence or to a curbside vehicle shall require the delivery representative to observe the appearance of[…]

17.6.1 Growlers filled by manufacturers Beer manufacturers and brewpubs may transfer any beer manufactured or sold on their licensed premises to a growler or crowler for sale to consumers for consumption off the premises. 17.6.2 Growlers filled by retailers On-premises retailers may transfer beer to a growler or crowler, which is not an original manufacturer container, but is a reusable rigid container that holds up to twenty-eight (128) fluid ounces of beer and is designed to be sealed on premises by the licensee for off-premises consumption, if the following requirements are met: The container is filled by an employee of the retailer at the time of sale; The person transferring the alcohol to be sold to the end consumer is[…]

An industry member cannot give, lend, lease, furnish or sell furniture, equipment or fixtures to a retailer, except that an industry member may sell or lease dispensing equipment to retailers at the cost described below. Dispensing equipment includes portable or temporary unit to pour alcoholic liquor or maintain it in a consumable state, and includes courtesy wagons, beer wagons or trailers, draft coolers, coil boxes, portable bars or kiosks. It does not include permanent tap or refrigeration units. The cost of dispensing equipment to be charged to the retailer is:  the amount that the industry member paid for the equipment;  if the equipment was manufactured or produced by an industry member, the cost to produce the equipment;  if the industry[…]

Consignment sales are specifically prohibited and the conditions under which a retailer may return products are expressly delineated in IL Law, Section 6-5.5, as follows: There must be a bona fide business reason for the replacement of any alcoholic beverage product free of charge to a retailer. Ordinary and usual commercial reasons for return of product are limited to the following: (1) defective products; (2) errors in delivery; (3) products that cannot be lawfully sold; (4) termination of retailer’s business; (5) older versions of a product may be exchanged for the newer version; (6) discontinued products and (7) seasonal dealers may return product likely to spoil during the off-season. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a distributor is under no obligation to accept[…]

16.2.1 Permanent Signs Permitted. Industry members may furnish retail licensees with one (1) permanent outside sign per brand, in place and in use at any one time. Such signs may not cost more than $3,000 per brand exclusive of the cost of erection, installation, repair and maintenance costs or permit fees. Such signs may bear only the manufacturer’s name, trade name and other marks or symbols associated with the product. The retail licensee’s name may not be included. [IL Law, Chapter 235, Act 5, Article VI, Section 6-6.] 16.2.2 Temporary Signs Industry members also may furnish retail licensees with temporary outside signs, including, but are not limited to, banners, flags, pennants, streamers, etc., of a temporary and non-permanent nature. Temporary[…]

15.11.1 Stocking, Rotation, Price Marking, Merchandising/Resets Permitted under the following guidelines: Suppliers and wholesalers may restock and rotate their own products during the normal course of delivery. However, they may not handle any other industry member’s products. Also, they may not clean or dust shelves, coolers or products which are on display at a retailer’s licensed premises. Industry members may assemble or construct displays and may restock such displays whenever they wish, as opposed to the “during the normal course of delivery” limitation imposed upon restocking. Stocking is defined as any placing of alcoholic liquors where they are to be stored or at point-of-sale where they are offered for sale. Rotation is defined as moving newer, fresher product from a[…]

Industry members may sponsor an event at a venue that has been established for the sole purpose of hosting live entertainment—i.e., a concert hall— provided no direct or indirect payment is made to the retail licensee, and any reference to the licensee in any advertising is incidental to the event itself. Events also may be sponsored at retail licensed premises under the following conditions: The industry member must provide all advertising and promotional items, without cost, or make payment directly to a third-party promoter (a non-licensed entity creating and/or running the event), provided that any such payment shall be solely for advertising and promotional costs. The industry member paying for the advertising and promotional costs shall maintain a copy of[…]