Note: Refer to section 14, Direct Shipments to Consumers and/or Retailers for more details (wine only). 2.1 Company Licenses/Permits An Importer’s License is required. This license is valid for one (1) year from date of issuance and must be renewed annually, prior to the expiration date. The fee is $420.00. [MN Law, Chapter 340A, Section 340A.302.] Note: If the supplier has no physical nexus (for example, an office, a warehouse, or an employee residing) within this jurisdiction, it is not required that the supplier qualify to do business within the jurisdiction. Even when such a requirement is stated, qualification may generally be avoided by submitting a No Nexus statement. 2.2 Sales Representative Licenses A Salesperson’s Identification Card (permit) is required[…]

Department of Public Safety Alcohol & Gambling Enforcement Division 445 Minnesota Street, #1600 St. Paul, Minnesota 55101-2156 651-201-7500 (phone) Department of Revenue Alcohol, Tobacco & Special Taxes Division Mail Station 3331 St. Paul, Minnesota 55146-3331 651-297-1882 (phone) 651-556-3036 (phone, alcoholic beverage tax) 651-297-1939 (fax) Office of the Secretary of State 60 Empire Drive, Suite 100 St. Paul, Minnesota 55103 651-296-2803 (phone) Links for Further Research MN Alcoholic Beverage Control Statutes MN Alcoholic Beverage Control Regulations

14.1 Direct Sales and Shipments to Consumers Minnesota wineries, as well as wineries licensed in other states, may ship wine to adult residents of Minnesota under the following conditions: Wine must be for personal use and not for resale. The maximum quantity that may be shipped to a single individual is limited to two (2) cases per year, not to exceed a maximum of eighteen (18) liters. The shipping container must be clearly labeled as follows: “Alcoholic Beverages: adult signature (over 21 years of age) required.” There are numerous penalty provisions provided, beginning with a cease and desist order to anyone violating the provisions of this section of the law who has not had a previous violation of the section[…]

Note: This section summarizes the temporary changes implemented due to the coronavirus pandemic that are of interest to interstate suppliers. 17.7.1 Curbside Sales and Delivery As of 5 p.m. March 17, all restaurants and bars are temporarily closed to the public and may not provide on-premises consumption. Delivery and curbside take-out services are permitted, if the license confers off-sale privileges. Governor Walz signed a law on April 17, 2020 allowing for an on-sale liquor licensee to temporarily sell alcoholic beverages off-sale and off premises without needing an off-sale license. Under the law, alcohol sales must be accompanied with the sale of food for take-out orders only, and the customer must pick up the order at the restaurant. No more than[…]