Department of Revenue Liquor Control Division 2517 Airport Road P. O. Box 1712 Helena, Montana 59624-1712 406-444-6900 (phone) 406-444-0718 (fax) Secretary of State P.O. Box 202801 Helena, Montana 59620-2801 406-444-2034 (phone) 406-444-3976 (fax) Links for Further Research MT Alcoholic Beverage Control Statutes MT Alcoholic Beverage Control Regulations

A report of all shipments to Montana wholesalers during any given month must be filed with the Department of Revenue by the 15th of the following month. Reports may be filed on-line at the Liquor Control Division website via TAP. To file on paper, Form WSM must be filed for shipments of wine to Montana wholesalers. Out-of-state wineries shipping to Montana retail licensees must file Forms WIT and WIT-3, and hard cider manufacturers must file Form HCT. These reports must be filed on-line.

14.1 Direct Sales and Shipments to Consumers Shipments of beer and/or wine only may be made directly to residents of Montana under the following guidelines: 14.1.1 Beer Licensing Requirements for Individuals Any resident of Montana who is of legal drinking age and wishes to receive direct shipments of beer from outside the state for his or her personal use and not for resale must apply to the Department of Revenue for a Beer Connoisseur’s License. The holder of a Connoisseur’s License may not sell beer to the public. The fee for a Beer Connoisseur’s License is $50.00. Connoisseur licenses expire annually on June 30. Renewal is $25.00. [MT Law, Title 16, Chapter 4, Section 16-4-901.] Connoisseur licensees must pay all[…]

10.1 Wine A written agreement between the supplier and its table wine wholesalers is required. Such agreements must provide for the following: Written notice of termination at least sixty (60) days in advance of any anticipated termination date. The reason(s) for termination must be included, and may be based on a deficiency or other good cause. However, a supplier may terminate immediately without notice in the case of insolvency, assignment for the benefit of creditors, bankruptcy or license revocation or suspension on the part of the wholesaler. Notice is void if the wholesaler rectified any stated deficiencies within the sixty (60) day period, and if the deficiency was not stated as reason for termination in a previously voided sixty (60)[…]

Wine with an alcohol content of up to 16% ABV and hard cider under 6.9% ABV are sold both through the state-controlled system and the private sector (wholesalers).

2.1 Company Licenses/Permits Note: Refer to section 14, Direct Shipments to Consumers and/or Retailers for more details (wine only). Registration is required as a Foreign Winery or Importer. It is renewable annually, prior to September 30. Application must include a copy of each label the winery/importer plans to ship into the state of Montana. The fee is based on the number of cases shipped into Montana annually. The breakdown is as follows: 0 to 60 cases No charge 61 to 500 cases $100.00 501 to 1,000 cases $200.00 1,001 to 2,000 cases $300.00 2,001 or more cases $400.00 A winery making direct shipments to Montana consumers must also hold a current direct shipping endorsement. The annual fee for this endorsement[…]