Note: Advertising or promotion of liquor in state-run stores is prohibited. A store employee only may inform a customer about the characteristics of any brand or type of liquor when comparing it to other brand(s) or type(s). [UT Regulations, Title R81, Rule R81-2-5.] Advertising of an alcoholic product may not promote the intoxicating effects of alcohol or emphasize the high alcohol content of the alcoholic product. [UT Law, Title 32B, Chapter 1, Part 2, Section 32B-1-206.]

14.1 Direct Sales and Shipments to Consumers There are no statutory or regulatory provisions or any type of reciprocal agreement between the state of Utah and any other state that would allow out-of-state suppliers to ship any class of alcoholic beverages directly to Utah residents or Utah retail licensees. However, in 2020 the state legislature directed the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to establish and administer a wine subscription program to allow Utah residents to participate in wine subscription services. Utah residents will be able to enroll in a state-administered program and authorize the ABC to purchase a wine subscription in the consumer’s name. The resident will pay the ABC the price of the wine subscription, plus a mark-up[…]

3.1 Product Approval Requirements: Distilled Spirits and Wine 3.1.1 Listed Items Two (2) samples of the label are required when there is a major revision. If the product itself has changed significantly, samples of the product also are required. 3.1.2 Possible Listings A photograph of the package and/or samples of the label and a photograph are required. Refer to section 4, Subsection 4.1, Price Posting/Quotations/Lead Times, for a complete list of all documents required when submitting a product for possible listing. A sample of the actual product may be submitted to the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control for the purpose of acquiring a new listing; however, suppliers or their representatives may not submit more than two (2) samples of a[…]

Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control 1625 South 900 West Salt Lake City, Utah 84104 (Mailing Address) P.O. Box 30408 Salt Lake City, Utah 84130-0408 801-977-6800 (phone) 801-977-6888 (fax) Division of Corporations & Commercial Code 160 East 300 South P. O. Box 146705 Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-6705 801-530-4849 (phone) Links for Further Research UT Alcoholic Beverage Control Statutes UT Alcoholic Beverage Control Regulations

Not applicable for distilled spirits, flavored malt beverages, wine, or “heavy” beer. The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control uses a mark-up system. To calculate costs accurately, go to the Department website at There is an automatic calculator available that will allow you to determine the cost per bottle based upon the starting F.O.B. price. Except for liquor and wine sold to Utah military installations, all liquor and wine sold in Utah shall be marked up not less than eighty-eight percent (88%), and “heavy” beer shall be marked up not less than 6.5% above the landed cost to the Department. Sales of wine and spirituous liquor to Utah military installations shall be marked up not less than seventeen percent (17%)[…]

With the exception of sales and shipments to military installations, all wine and distilled spirits regardless of alcohol content, heavy beer (over 5% ABV or 4% alcohol by weight) and flavored malt beverages are sold only through the state-controlled system.

It is unlawful for an industry member to sponsor or underwrite any athletic, scholastic, artistic or scientific event that overtly promotes the consumption of alcoholic beverages, offers alcoholic beverages to the general public without charge, or that takes place on the premises of a school, college, university or other educational institution. [UT Law, Title 32B, Chapter 4, Part 7, Section 32B-4-708.] Alcoholic beverages may be offered free of charge private events are events such as weddings, conferences, seminars, conventions, class reunions and private parties where attendance is by invitation only. They may be sold at public events such as arts festivals, rodeos, community activities and political, religious and charitable fund-raisers that are typically open to the general public. If the[…]