14.1 Direct Sales and Shipments to Consumers 14.1.1 Shipments and Sales by Wine Manufacturers A wine manufacturer located inside or outside the state of Indiana may apply for a Direct Wine Seller’s Permit that would permit the sale of wine directly to Indiana residents. Applicants for a Direct Wine Seller’s Permit must meet the following requirements: Applicant must be domiciled in the United States, and its principal place of business must be located in the United States. Applicant manufactures wine and holds the necessary state and federal licenses and permits necessary to manufacture wine in its state of domicile. Applicant has qualified with the Indiana Secretary of State to do business in Indiana, and consents to the jurisdiction of the[…]

Note: This section summarizes the temporary changes implemented due to the coronavirus pandemic that are of interest to interstate suppliers. 17.7.1 Carry-out Sales Pursuant to the Governor’s executive order 20-04 issued March 16, 2020, restaurants, bars, nightclubs and other establishments that provide in-dining services were required to close to in-person patrons, but were authorized to provide drive-thru, take-out and delivery, only in accordance with the existing privileges of their licenses. On March 23, 2020, the Governor issued executive order 20-11 temporarily suspending the Indiana laws relating to carryout of alcoholic beverages, allowing all holders of on-premises permits to sell alcoholic beverages for carryout consumption and allowing the filling of containers of beer by holders of a beer retailer’s permit. For[…]

Manufacturers may offer point of sale coupons (IRCs) to consumers upon approval by the Indiana State Excise Police Trade Relations Officer. IRCs must conform to the following conditions: IRCs must be offered on a non-discriminatory basis to all types of off-premise outlets—liquor stores, convenience stores, grocery stores, etc.—on products readily available in all types of outlets; The coupon must be directly affixed to the alcoholic beverage; No coupon may be redeemable by any person other than a consumer ; No coupon may provide a benefit to the retailer other than increased foot traffic and product sales. Requests for approval should be made on company letterhead and include contact information for the requesting individual. The letter may be transmitted by email.[…]

Alcohol and Tobacco Commission Indiana Government Center-South 302 West Washington Street, Room E114 Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 317-232-2430 (phone) 317-234-1520 (fax) http://www.in.gov/atc/ (Approvals) Brian Stewart 317-691-5097 (phone) brstewart@atc.in.gov Indiana State Excise Police (Enforcement Division of ATC) 3650 S. U.S. Highway 41 Vincennes, IN 47591 Department of Revenue 101 Senate Avenue Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 317-615-2562 (phone) 317-615-2581 (fax) http://www.in.gov/dor/ Secretary of State Indiana Government Center-South 302 West Washington Street, Room E018 Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 317-232-6501 (phone, Business Services) 317-233-3387 (fax) http://www.in.gov/sos/ Links for Further Research IN Alcoholic Beverage Control Statutes IN Alcoholic Beverage Control Regulations (PDF or Word Perfect document of up-to-date rules)

15.16.1 Entertainment of Retailers A person holding a retailer’s or dealer’s permit may receive or accept entertainment and professional and educational expenses from a manufacturer of alcoholic beverages or from a permittee authorized to sell and deliver alcoholic beverages, unless the entertainment or professional and educational expenses are provided in exchange for an agreement by the retail permittee or dealer permittee to directly or indirectly purchase alcoholic beverages from a manufacturer or a permittee authorized to sell and deliver alcoholic beverages to the exclusion, in whole or in part, of alcoholic beverages sold or delivered by another manufacturer or a permittee authorized to sell and deliver alcoholic beverages. [IN Law, Title 7.1 Article 5, Chapter 5, Section 7.1-5-5-10.] CAUTION: Take[…]